Friday, February 25, 2011

Banana Berry Boats

When I was eating my strawberries in ABS Toast in today's breakfast, I already had plan to make a nice presentation for the little ones by using multi fruits. I have used Banana, Strawberries, Blue Berries and served in this cute little boat like containers. My little one (Anvi, she loves fruits) she ate all of it with no effort for me. But for my son ( Abhi) when I explained everything in this breakfast starts with a letter B,  I had to answer all his inquisitive questions about Boats ( he paid attention to later part, than the former part in this name ;-), these Boysss...), but glad he finished all his fruits. I think caramelized banana did the trick, for his sweet tooth.


Here is the recipe, try it for your little ones!

Ingredients:
Banana - 1
Strawberries - 5
Blue Berries - 1/3 cup
Raw Sugar - 1 tsp
Grated Coconut - 1 tsp
Honey - 1 tbsp
Preparation:
1.Cut the Banana into small rounds (or 1 in thick slices horizontally)
2. Heat the Nonstick pan, and place these on the pan
3. Turn them over to other side after 1 min and let them brown on both sides.
4. You can start seeing the juices come out ( caramelizing) and then sprinkle the sugar on top.
5. Switch off the stove, and let it cool.
6. Place one spoon of Bananas in the container
7. Layer it with Strawberry ( cut them into thin slices)
8. Top it one more spoon of bananas and blue berries on top.
9. Pour 1 tbsp of Honey on top of the fruit and sprinkle some grated coconut.
10. Yum! for Little One! Banana Berry Boats are ready.



Note:
Though I hear so many recipes with  Banana, Banana Bread, Banana Muffin etc, some how I preferred banana eating raw as it is. This is the first time I have ever cooked banana and it tasted good. If You don't like cooked banana (like me) , then simply add the fresh banana slices in this recipe.

Take care until next time
-Mythreyi

No comments:

Post a Comment