Monday, April 9, 2012

Potato Pancakes ( No Egg)

P for Potato, P for Pancakes and P for Penguine.. amma, when my little naughty daughter says that and walks like a penguin by keeping her hands on side and walking firm side -to- side pretending as if she is a little penguine, which makes us ( me and my son) laugh instantly at her little stunt. These days my son has little grown-up and accompanies me in cherishing all our little daughter's naughty stunts. Whenever she does things like these, both of us exchange the looks that 'Here She goes again.....', and that exact moment makes me realize the joy and pride in motherhood as i experience all these sweet nothings with my kids.  So, today let me share the 'not-that-sweet-pancakes', the pancakes made with potatoes recipe here. Enjoy!

Potato Pancakes

Ingredients:
Potato - 2
Onion - 1
salt - 1 tsp
black pepper - 1 tsp
Flour - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp

Method:
  1. Peel the Potatoes, Wash and Pat Dry them.
  2. Grate the Potatoes and Onions. Add salt and black pepper, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
  3. Keep this aside for 10 minutes.
  4. Add Flour to this mixture, add milk little by little until it becomes a thick batter. Add some water as necessary.
  5. Heat the non-stick pan and pour a ladle of batter and spread it like a round. sprinkle oil around the pancakes.
  6. Once the bubble forms turn it to other side and let it cook on all sides evenly. 
  7. Repeat the steps and make pancakes until you finish with the batter. 
  8. Now layer 2 or 3 pancakes and spread the strawberry jam or nuttella or maple syrup  and sprinkle some powdered sugar. 

    Today I have served these with Nutella to my kiddo's.

Let your kiddo's dig into this healthy breakfast. They don't mind if you pack these for their lunch box as well.

Note:
  • I have avoided eggs, instead I have added baking soda for the quick fermentation and puffed pancakes.
  • You can use butter milk instead of milk for the same effect.
  • Or you can use egg, then don't use baking soda. 
  • This yields 12 to 15 small pancakes.
In the same batter I have added some left-over maggi masala to give that twist of spice for Big People.

Take care until we meet here again...
-Mythreyi

4 comments:

  1. Loved the idea looks yummyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very innovative recipe... I'd love to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this for my kid, please can you specify which flour you have used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vama, I have used All Purpose Flour. let me know how it turns out!

      Delete